Find your Zen space in the workplace.
Discover your namaste, while working the day away!
The benefits of meditation in the workplace are cumulative. Starting with the individual practicing meditation, these benefits build on one another, positively impacting the performance of the business as a whole.
Encourage your colleagues to try out these 5 simple steps to increase productivity and happiness in the workplace through a mindfulness practice.
1) Scope-out a conference room, or a quiet space in the common area. If neither suffice, get cozy on the floor in your cubicle or in your work chair.
2) Give a little cush for your tush by placing your jacket, sweatshirt or a blanket on the chair or floor area before settling in.
3) Place your forearms on your thighs. Yogis' say if you place your palms up then you seek your energy to rise; On the flip, if your palms face down then you're look to calm - your choice!
4) By connecting the thumb and forefinger you're doing what's termed "Gyan Mudra". Said to stimulate the brain, empower the mind, nervous system and pituitary gland.
5) Begin to take full breaths: deep inhales while your belly expands and long exhales, as your belly contracts. To reach max lung capacity, try counting to the number eight on each inhale, and to eight on each exhale.
It's said, most people find themselves facing a “fight or flight” about 12 times per day. This state of mind is a stress response that can adversely affect digestion, heart rate, and the general effectiveness of the immune system. If employees are busy simply trying to survive, their minds will become hazy in all that they do.
Whether your company employs 25 or 25,000, by offering mindfulness education as part of a wellness program you'll demonstrate care for employees overall well-being. The business will gain the loyalty of employees, which will result in less personnel turnover and increased employee retention.