Although the idea of a plant-based diet has been circulating for a while, more and more people are becoming vegetarian or vegan...and for a good reason! Nowadays, numerous studies show that a plant-based diet has many great health benefits and is more environmentally friendly than the carnivore diet. Whether you are striving for a healthier lifestyle or want save the environment (or both), a plant-based diet can help you achieve those goals.
1. No Meat → Lower Cholesterol Red meat in particular contains great amounts of saturated and trans fat, resulting in high LDL cholesterol levels. By completely eliminating meat from your diet, you’ll do your heart a favor.
2. Less “Bad” Fat, More “Good” Fat Instead of consuming “bad” fat from meat, you’ll consume more “good” fat from olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds, and more. Plant foods contain polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat, which are considered healthy fats.
3. Promotes Healthy Skin Fruits and vegetables have tons of vitamins and minerals. Since vitamins and minerals are essential for smooth and healthy skin, a plant-based diet is an easy way of taking care of your skin.
4. Say Goodbye to Hormones & Antibiotics Found in Meat A lot of farmers use hormones and antibiotics to produce leaner meat at lower costs. Although this is more cost effective, this is really bad for human health. Avoid hormones and antibiotics by eating plant food.
1. Saves Animals By choosing vegetarianism or veganism, you’ll save thousands of animals each year.
2. Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emission & Carbon Footprint
According to The New York Times, farming produces upwards of 570 million metric tons of carbon emissions each year solely in the United States. Furthermore, 42% of agriculture emissions come from animals. Thus, eliminating meat from your diet will greatly reduce carbon emission.
3. Cuts back on Water Usage While the world is mainly made up of water, only a small portion is drinkable. Hence, it’s super important to conserve as much water as possible and limit water waste. Sadly, Mercy For Animals states that animal agriculture wastes ⅓ of drinking water. By choosing a plant-based diet, you’ll help conserve water.
Here at Purely + Q SOO, we stand by our values and guarantee that all of our products are sustainably and ethically sourced. Not only are our artisanal drinking vinegars plant-based, vegan, and gluten free, but we handcraft all our batches in a vegan facility and source our ingredients a few blocks away from our production facility. If you’re interested in learning more about our company and what goes on behind the scenes, check out our website and subscribe to our newsletter. We have some very exciting news that we can’t wait to share with you soon, so don’t miss out!
Want to bring a 'Nutrition Talk' to your workplace?
email: email@example.com or call: (815) 348-7767